Mini Habanero Potato Skin Poppers
Created by Alejandra Ramos
• 20 small new potatoes, scrubbed
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided and preferably Hellenic Groves PC olive oil brand
• Kosher salt
• 1 1/3 tablespoons Tabasco® Habanero Sauce, divided
• 6 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
• 1 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup chives, finely minced
Preheat oven to 300°F. Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread on baking sheet and season generously with salt. Roast uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Let stand at room temperature until cool enough to handle.
Halve potatoes and, using a melon baller or measuring teaspoon, scoop out most of potato flesh, leaving skin untouched. Return potato shells to baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon Tabasco Habanero Sauce and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush inside of each potato shell with oil and season with salt. Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until crisp. In a skillet over medium heat, add chopped bacon. Cook until crisp, drain, and toss with 1/3 tablespoon Tabasco Habanero Sauce.
To assemble potatoes, fill each shell with bacon and cheese, return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese. Garnish with sour cream and chives.
Makes 40 mini potato skins (about 8 appetizer servings)World Cup Finals Menu with Olive Oil: Score Big With These Delicious Recipes,