The 8° Edition Olive Oil Sommilier course was designed for food lovers, olive oil tasters, gourmets, food enthusiasts and professionals.
The course will be held from 18th to 22 th of April on Desenzano del Garda (Lake Garda – Italy), easily accessible by air, train and road.
The course will take place in a beautiful terrace, right on the lake’s shore with panoramic views of the lake. During the coffee break participants could take a pleasant walk along the shorefront of Lake Garda.
A wonderfully exciting olive oil & Food experience for those who want a deeper knowledge of the production, commercial processes, tasting and innovative use in the kitchen and restaurants of olive oil “…from the earth to the table”.
Mid-April, when the days are warming up is the best time to visit Lake Garda, with its varied landscape of beaches, mountains, ancient towns and natural hot springs.
For this reason we have decided to hold our Olive Oil Sommilier course at Desenzano on the southern shore of the lake. So immerse yourself, learn and experience the wonders of extra virgin olive oil and indulge in the food and sights of magnificent Lake Garda.
The course will be held in a beautiful terrace, right on the lake’s shore with panoramic views of the lake. During the coffee break you could take a pleasant walk along the shorefront of Lake Garda.
Desenzano is easily accessible by air, train and road.
Not just a course but a memorable experience with well balanced theory and practical segments that provide participants with the right skills and knowledge to be able to recognize, use and communicate the rational use of olive oil in the kitchen and on the table through the harmonization of olive oil and food pairing.
This knowledge will help turn costs into profits for retail, restaurants and also consumers.
Other opportunities open to course participants is to become an olive oil expert and taster, to be part of an official tasting panel or to be part of jury in various international olive oil competitions
At course completion, participants will have acquired skills and certification (Sensory Aptitude Certificate) entitling them to join the International Register of “Olive Oil Experts”.
THE COURSE INCLUSIONS
• Classroom sessions, guided tastings with more than 50 olive oils of a various origins and practical exercises from Monday to Friday
• Five overnight stay (double room single use with lake view and private bathroom) – Check-in 17th April and Check-out 22th April 2016
• Five breakfast buffet
• Five light lunches buffet
• “Food Culture & Pairing” masterclass with Artisan Cheese and Salumi
• Two didactic dinners in local restaurants
• Guided tour of two local wineries/olive grove/olive mill for a true culinary experience
• Guided tasting of olive oil, wine, local artisan salumi and cheese
• Olive Oil Sommelier Diploma
• Sensory Aptitude Certificate
• I.D. Olive Oil EXPERT / Sommelier Card 2016
• Olive Oil Sommelier Apron
• Professional Olive Oil Sommelier Pin
• A selection the official olive oil standar defects (I.O.O.C. – EU)
You will enjoy beautiful views over the countryside surrounding Lake Garda, staying in an elegant 4* 36 room hotel, in an historical home in Desenzano del Garda.
The hotel is characterized by a large garden and an elegant swimming pool with direct access to the beach with a total view of the Lake
The hotel has private parking, indoor and outdoor bar on the terrace with lake view and solarium.
You will combine a stay in Desenzano del Garda in the hills overlooking the beautiful Lake Garda, you will visit to local producer of typical products (wine, cheese, olive oil, grappa) with learning to taste olive oils coming worldwide for a learning holiday with a difference.
• Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced tasters
• Minimum age 18 (although children are accepted accompanied by adults)
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Olive Oil Academy – General Secretary
Contact person: Federica Parroni
Ph. + 39 0521 184 1531
Mob: +39 346 541 9847
Fax: + 39 0521 148 0029
Undercover operation has revealed a multi-million pound fraud in Italy’s olive oil sector