Whip up Perbacco’s delicious olive oil cake from pastry chef Laura Cronin for a guaranteed way to amaze your friends this weekend.
Pair it with red and blue berries for the perfect patriotic touch, or add seasonal peaches for a touch of summer bliss. And don’t forget to top it off with ice cream!
Perbacco’s Olive Oil Cake
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tbs. lemon juice
1. Whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
2. Sift all dry ingredients.
3. Whisk the dry into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. Pour into a 9 inch cake pan and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
5. Let cool completely, unmold, and enjoy.
under Eat + Drink, secret recipe sourceSecret Recipe: Perbacco's Olive Oil Cake,