1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 scallions, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 small fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp
4 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/2 lb. feta, crumbled
3 tbsp. milk
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add scallions and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add bell peppers, chiles, oregano, and parsley.
4. Season with pepper and cook, stirring, until bell peppers are soft, about 5 minutes more.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low.
6. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
7. Stir in tomatoes and cook until they release their juices, about 5 minutes.
8. Add feta and milk and cook 20 minutes more.
9. Serve warm, over rice if desired.
recipe sourceRecipe: Shrimp with Tomatoes, Greek Feta & EVOO,