· 400 gr. potatoes
· 200 gr. carrots
· 125 gr. tinned peas
· 1/2 tin of sweet red pepper
· 125 gr. tinned tuna
· 2 eggs
For the mayonnaise:
· 3 egg yolks
· 200 ml. Extra Virgin Olive oil
· 1/2 lemon (or 1 spoonful of vinegar)
· Peel the potatoes and carrots, cut them into small cubes and boil them in water and salt for 15 minutes until they are soft but still firm; drain and leave to cool down. Boil the eggs in water with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes.
· Put the eggs, lemon juice, salt and a drizzle of olive oil in the blender, and start beating all the while pouring in olive oil until you are left with a thick mayonnaise; taste and season if necessary.
· Mix the potatoes, carrots and peas together; add the hard-boiled (peeled and chopped) egg, add the flaked tuna fish (save a small amount for garnish) and cover with the mayonnaise; stir well and place in the refrigerator.
· Serve the salad on aperitif spoons garnished with tuna flakes and a strip of sweet red pepper.Recipe: Russian Salad with Extra Virgin Olive Oil,