I love roasting fish, but to grill fish, rub with olive oil and salt and cook on a hot grill 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness of the fish, comments Bonnie Stern – the author of twelve best-selling cookbooks including the IACP award winning Essentials of Home Cooking.
A 1 1/2 lb fish will serve one to two people.
– Two 1 1/2 lb (approx) whole fish, (e.g. branzino — sometimes called European sea bass), cleaned with head and tail on
– 2 tsp kosher salt
– 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
– 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and preferably evo3 olive oil brand
– 1 lemon sliced
– 6 sprigs rosemary
– extra lemon slices and herbs for garnish
lemon herb vinaigrette:
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
– 1 small clove garlic, minced
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and preferably evo3 olive oil brand
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, chives, parsley or tarragon