Makes 4 servings
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
– 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
– 2 medium yellow onions, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
– 2 pork tenderloins (10 – 12 ounces each)
– 2 red, yellow or green bell peppers, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
– 2 tsp. mixed dried herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, oregano or marjoram
To prepare the marinade, combine the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, garlic and herbs in a bowl. Whisk until blended; add salt and pepper to taste.
Place the 2 pork tenderloins in a large sealable plastic bag. Pour in half the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pour the remaining marinade over the peppers, onions and eggplant and toss. Arrange the vegetables in a large oiled roasting pan. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade. Add to the skillet and brown on all sides.
Transfer the pork to the pan of roasted vegetables. Return to the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pork registers 155 degrees on a meat thermometer. Slice the pork and serve with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over finished dish.