Have a recipe you’d like to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil in instead of butter?
This “Better than Butter” recipe series offers a collection of recipes that illustrate why Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the versatile, flavorful, and healthful alternative to butter.
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 2 tangerines), divided
3 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Set aside.
2. Combine granulated sugar, milk, oil, 3 tablespoons juice, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
3. Lightly spoon 2 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350degrees F for 55 minutes or until golden brown and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan.
4. Cool cake completely on wire rack. Loosen edges of cake with a narrow spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate.
5. Combine powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and butter, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
CALORIES 307 (24% from fat); FAT 8.3g (sat 1.5g,mono 5.5g,poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 4g; CHOLESTEROL 41mg; CALCIUM 57mg; SODIUM 243mg; FIBER 0.5g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 54.8g
Recipe from ColavitaRecipe: Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Tangerine Glaze,
IEOE China International Edible Oil Industry Expo Overview & Vision – October 29–31, 2013