I discovered these completely trimmed, frozen globe artichokes a few years back in a Middle Eastern supermarket. The quality is fantastic for hot or cold dishes – or as a garnish for meat and fish.
– 6-8 frozen, prepared globe artichokes, defrosted
– 2tbsp large capers, rinsed
– 12-15 stoned green olives, chopped
– 2tbsp chopped parsley
For the dressing
– 1tbsp good-quality tarragon vinegar
– 2tsp Dijon mustard
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled
– 2tbsp olive oil
– 3tbsp vegetable or corn oil
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
First, make the vinaigrette. Put all the ingredients into a clean jar. Give it a good shake and leave to infuse overnight at room temperature.
Slice up the artichokes and toss them in a bowl with the vinaigrette, capers, olives and parsley and season. Leave to stand for about 20-30 minutes before serving.Mark Hix recipe: Artichokes, olive and caper salad,