- To offer original E-LA-WON olive oil, as pure as 3500 years ago.
- To cultivate our olive trees in an environmental friendly way.
- To respect Mother Nature’s laws.
- To protect the ecosystem from pollution, chemistry factors and unwanted ingredients.
- To enrich our land in the same way as our ancestors did.
- To communicate the benefits of Mediterranean diet to all.
- To sustain natural resources and deliver the environment safe to our children.
Lasting memories are made around the table with family and friends.
Rich soil, natural drainage, calm winters, sunshine, enough airing in a pollution free environment. Everything is done as tradition requires and as today’s experts suggest. With the guidance of the Institute of Agricultural Sciences of Greece and advices from Prof. Ricardo Gucci (University of Pisa) and V. Frantzolas (Olive oil Taster and Quality Consultant, M. Sc. Food Policy).
The harvest begins at fall when the olives are green, just before they turn purple. It is the time when all the aromas, the flavors and the nutrients are in their peak. The olives are hand picked one by one in order to get full protection and transferred immediately to the oil press in plastic boxes for the oil extraction.
- OIL EXTRACTION
The extra virginity of our olive oil is obtained by cold extraction when the olives are squeezed, crust and spunned in the centrifugation in just 30 minutes time thus keeping their flavors and maintaining their polyphenols and very low acidity.
The supreme quality of E-La-Won olive oil is secured by preserving the excellent condition of the fruit from the picking to final extraction of the juice. All the procedures are conformed to the suggestions of pioneer Prof. L. Sevrili (Perugia University).
Our extra virgin olive oil is kept in stainless tanks with the infusion of nitrogen to avoid oxidation and unwanted enzymes. Its attributes are the same as at the moment of its extraction.
Our standardized procedures compile with the ISO 22000 – 2005 specifications protecting the quality of the product up to the moment it is served on your table.
The bottle itself is simple and elegant in dark green color to protect the content from sunlight and heat.