- 2004: In this year we buy the plot with 250 olive trees of the Koroneiki variety.
- 2005: Starting the process of conversion to organic production with affiliation to the control agency for organic products “BioHellas”.
First year of oil production with total supervision of all processes (from olive harvest to oil storage).
- 2006 – 2007: Scheduled inspections and application of the guidelines issued by the BioHellas, spot checks on the ground, on olives and olive oil.
Learning the techniques of pruning and improving the quality of the olive oil through the use (among the first in Greece) of rigid baskets for storage of freshly harvested olives.
- 2008: Achievement of certification by BioHellas.
- 2013: After years of insistence by relatives and friends, finally the birth of the brand “ARGALI” to enable people who seek quality in nutrition and respect for the environment to buy our superior organic olive oil.
We are proud to provide you with some product information, and give you a few details on the benefits that biological agriculture has on your health and the environment.
The passion for Greece combined with a great attention to a healthy and natural diet, inspired us to buy, in Gargalianoi, the olive grove populated with Koroneiki olives in the Spring of 2004.
Driven by the search for excellence rather than profit, our aim is to produce an oil of outstanding quality while respecting the environment. We therefore exclusively use natural production methods.
We got almost 200 olive trees in Gargaliani. In our olive grove no fertilizers, pesticides or weed killers are used whatsoever.
Since 2007 we are certified BioHellas, the most important greek “Inspection and Certification body for organic products”.
The soil is fertilised with olive leaves retrieved from the olive mill and the olive trees are not watered.
The olive trees of the Koroneiki variety are perfectly adapted to the dry climate and rocky terrain. The fruits are very small, black and green and are very dense clusters on the branches. While the usual olive oil yield is approximately 10 liters per tree, in our cultivation the trees produce only 2 to 5 liters of the purest green extra virgin olive oil.
We deliberately sacrifice quantity to produce the best quality oil with a very light ecological footprint.
Harvest time is in November and December and the olives are pressed within 12 hours of harvesting to ensure very low acidity. Pressing takes place at 27 degrees Celsius so that the oil maintains its aroma and a large amount of polyphenols (natural antioxidants).