Taste the World’s Leading Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Discuss Markets, Health Benefits, Culinary Uses and Quality Standards
Excellent Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Food, Valuable Knowledge and Good Company makes Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes More than Tasting:
– Taste the wide range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from many regions around the world
– Taste current international award winners from the northern and southern hemispheres
– Practice your blending skill
– Evaluate by comparison the extra virgin olive oil you produce or supply
– Discuss market trends in producing and importing countries
– Be up to date with current quality standards and the debate around new testing methods
– Explore the culinary and health selling points of extra virgin olive oil
– Make friends and expand your networks worldwide
– Achieve recognition of your own tasting ability and knowledge by becoming an Associate Savante or Member of the Register of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes
Italy – Spain – United Kingdom – New York, USA – Australia – New Zealand – South Africa
In 14 years Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes has held over 40 olive oil tasting programmes in many countries. During this time the three-day programme has evolved into one of the world’s leading independent forums for the commercially important attributes of extra virgin olive oil.
The 2014 Toledo Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes programme will be lead by Simon Field. For more information about Simon, as well as previous Savantes presenters, visit the presenters page.
Certification and Register of International Savantes
During the session ‘Testing Your Skills as a Taster’ on day 3, participants can opt to be evaluated for Associate Savante status and Membership of the Register of International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Savantes.
The taste tests assess tasting skill and knowledge of the range of styles and flavour of extra virgin olive oils from around the world.
To achieve Associate Savante status a score of 60% is required, a score of 80% gives the participant full Savante status and Membership of the Savantes Register.
Taster Ranking on the Global Olive Oil Database Tasting (GOOD) app for i-phones and Tablets
Participants will be given free access to the GOOD app. Those who achieve Savantes status in the Savante ‘Testing Your Skill as a Taster’ session will be ranked 1, the highest rank for tasters. Those who achieve Associate Savante will be ranked 2. A ranking of 3 will be available to those who achieve a 50% score (15), 4 for those with 40% (12) and all other participants receiving a ranking of 5.
Certificate of Attendance
All participants in the Savantes programme receive a Certificate of Attendance at the conclusion of the last session.
Vizit Official Savantes websiteInternational EVOO Savantes in Toledo of Spain, 24th - 26th September 2014,