4 very large Portobello mushrooms lightly rinsed reserve the stems and remove the black gills.
4 of the mushroom stems trimmed and chopped ¼”
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
¼ cup minced onion
1 large potato peeled and diced ¼”
4 large eggs
4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
2 tbsp. minced parsley
1. Heat 1 ½ tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a skillet and quickly sear the mushrooms on both sides for 1 min in each side. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the mushroom stems, onion and potatoes and sauté until the potatoes are tender. Add the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the remaining extra virgin olive oil in the skillet and quickly add the eggs and scramble moving the pan and a spatula and just cook the eggs and leave them a little runny. Season with salt and pepper
4. Add the eggs to the potato mixture and divide this mixture into the inside of the mushroom and lightly press down to shape.
5. Place these in a oven proof casserole and top with the feta and bake in a 400 degree oven for 3-4 min. Remove and serve.
Recipe sourceHealthy Breakfast with Stuffed Mushrooms and Olive Oil,