· 225g/8oz baby new potatoes
· Handful flat leaf parsley
· 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
· Zest and juice of a lemon
· 7 tbsp Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· Salt and freshly ground white pepper
· 4 x175g/6oz hake – or other white fish steaks
· Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain, and when cool enough to handle, peel off skins with your fingers. Reserve potatoes in the pan with a clean t-towel tucked over to keep them warm.
· At the same time, make the extra virgin olive oil dressing for the fish. Chop parsley, garlic and lemon zest together. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Reserve.
· Add 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil to a hot pan. Season fish on both sides, then fry fish steaks skin side down until you can see the fish is cooked half way up the side of the flesh. Turn over and cook the other side – so cooked levels just meet.
· Transfer to serving plates flesh side up. Spoon parsley and extra virgin olive oil dressing along the length of each steak. Add a few new potatoes lightly trickled with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and a mixed frilly leaf salad, also lightly dressed with remaining extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.Chunky White Fish With Garlic, Lemon & Extra Virgin Olive Oil,