“We are pleased to enter into this agreement with Cargill to further the distribution of Filippo Berio Olive Oil beyond the kitchens of home cooks, where our products have been a staple for 150 years, and into food service industry kitchens across the country,” said Massimo Saracchi, chief executive officer of Salov S.p.A., the owner of the Filippo Berio Olive Oil brand. “As olive oil consumption continues to grow rapidly in the United States, this partnership enables us to provide food service operators with products that meet the standard of quality set forth by our founder, Filippo Berio, himself.”
Gonzalo Petschen, president of Cargill Dressings, Sauces and Oils, said the agreement reflects food service operators’ desire for “reputable sources of high-quality olive oil products.”
“By partnering with Filippo Berio Olive Oil, we will provide our customers with products that consistently meet the varied application and sensory requirements of their food service operations, delivering the performance, flavor and versatility they demand,” Mr. Petschen said.
The new line of Filippo Berio Culinary Selection olive oil products licensed to Cargill includes:
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for dressings and marinades, drizzling on top of foods, dipping and sautéing
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Olive Oil, for shallow pan frying, sautéing, grilling, baking and roasting
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Sauté & Grill Oil, a blend of 80% high-oleic canola oil and 20% extra virgin olive oil for high-heat food preparations
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection All Purpose Oil, a blend of 75% conventional canola oil and 25% extra virgin oil for marinades, dressing and pizza dough
• Filippo Berio Culinary Selection Every Day Oil, a blend of 85% conventional soybean oil and 15% olive oil, versatile for a variety of food preparations.
Article sourceCargill to market food service olive oil products,