• 1 loaf of soft Italian bread
• 3 Tbsp. ricotta cheese
• 5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 golden beets
• 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1 tsp water
• 1 pinch kosher salt
• 1 cup baby arugula
• Juice from half of a lemon
• 5 oz. burrata cheese
• Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1. To prepare the roasted beets, rub each beet with olive oil and kosher salt. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast beets in a covered pan for an hour until you can easily stick a knife though. Cool, then use a clean towel to rub off skin. Set aside.
2. Slice Italian bread in to half inch thick pieces. Brush both sides of bread with soft butter and grill on both sides until crispy, with visible grill marks.
3. Place ricotta cheese in a bowl and whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4. Cut the grilled bread in half and spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on each piece and top with a thin layer of sliced golden beets.
5. In a small bowl, combine arugula, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well until even coated. Place salad on top of golden beet slices and press down lightly.
6. Cut the burrata into even quarters and delicately place two pieces of burrata per bruschetta.
7. Finish with fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Recipe sourceBurrata, Golden Beet & Arugula Bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil,