The Argentine olive culture has an important place in the international ranking with more than three centuries of history. In recent decades, the Argentine olive sector has suffered a profound restructuring, not only in implanted surfaces, but also in varieties, technology and quality of production.
That is why, in order to show these profound changes, San Juan will host this year the “Argoliva – 5th International Olive Culture Meeting. San Juan | Argentina 2015”.
This international event arises from the need to give prominence to one of the most important productive sectors of San Juan and project it to national and international spheres.
And that’s the aim of organizing this meeting, holding it as a valuable response to the needs of promotion and excellence in the olive industry.
Argoliva counts with the support of: Ministry of Production and Economic Development of San Juan, Secretary of Economic Policy, the Department of Foreign Trade, the Tasting Panel of the UCC; CREA Group, the Federal Investment Council (CFI) and with many other national and provincial governmental and private organizations.
ArgOliva 2015, through its various activities, has the essential mission of strengthening and fostering the development of the olive sector, seeking active participation of different public and private actors in a single area of professionalism and experience exchange.
Objectives of the meeting:
– To give national and international prominence to the Olive culture of Argentina.
– To collaborate with an updating of olive growing sector, through knowing new consumer trends, target markets, technical issues, etc.
– To recognize and give the public knowledge about the quality of Argentine olive oils by their awarding in this prestigious competition.
– To contribute towards the creation and/or strengthening of international business contacts.
– To promote economic growth of the province by strengthening one of the most important productive sector and exporter of San Juan.
– To generate the participation of olive producers in greatly beneficial activities for the sector.
ArgOliva 2015 consists of:
– 7th Updating Workshop on Olive Growing
– 5th International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tasting | Domingo Faustino Sarmiento Award
Tasting Panel of the Universidad Católica de Cuyo
– International Business Rounds Argoliva 2015
Ministry of production and Economic Development | Fundación Exportar
– Cooking contest: Innovative uses of olive oil in sweet and savory dishes
– Cooking classes
– Tasting and pairing
– Festival Argoliva
– Argolivita / The space dedicated to children in Argoliva
Call us +54.264.4306420 o vía e-mail a firstname.lastname@example.org