Daily Archives: June 5, 2016

  • 1st International Scientific Conference On Olive Oil in Barcelona 2016

    The International Scientific & Professional Conference ISMOO Barcelona 2016 will take place in Barcelona next October with the aim of covering all hot topics on the olive and olive oil industry.

    The first edition of the International Meeting on Olive Oil is intended to bring together leading scientists, researchers, engineers, practitioners, and technology developers working in olive-growing and olive oil industry to exchange on their latest research progress and innovation.

    Conferences cover all hot topics on the olive-growing and olive oil industry: innovations in agricultural practices, quality, nutrition and health benefits, market trends and waste management, environment…

    It has the ambition to make participants from the top international academic, government and private industries from all over the world, meet in order to share experiences, update their technical knowledge, identify new ideas, exchange R&D results and innovating policies and extend their network.

    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 3.4/10 (586 votes cast)
    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +2 (from 156 votes)
    The International Scientific & Professional Conference ISMOO Barcelona 2016 will take place in Barcelona next October with the aim of covering all hot topics on the olive and olive oil industry. The first edition of the International Meeting on Olive Oil is intended to bring... 
    Read More →
  • What is consumer decision making factors buying olive oil in supermarkets?

    Price, quality, design and capacity of the container are the main decision-making factors of purchase in which the Italian consumer is based when deciding which olive oil to buy in supermarkets, as highlights the study “The olive oil market in Italy” published by ICEX Spain Export and Investments.

    This report details that price is the principal of these factors. In fact, EVOO stood at 4.11 euros on average during 2014 in the Italians linears. Meanwhile, private label oils were above this figure, at 4.69 euros on average.

    According to this study, the demand data of olive oil emplace Italy as the country where more liters of EVOO are consumed. Thus, during 2015, 580,000 tons of olive oil were achieved, although this figure represented a decrease of 4% regarding the previous year. As happens in production, regional differences are quite “significant”.

    Thus, in large distribution EVOO records its biggest sales in the regions of Lombardy (23 million liters), Lazio (17) and Tuscany (14); while in the regions where oil is produced, Puglia and Calabria, is where the least extra virgin olive oil is bought in supermarkets. In total, the regions of Puglia, Basilicata and Calabria just accumulate 4.9 million liters of sales.

    ICEX also reports that of all olive oil consumed in Italy, 30% is extradomestic through the Horeca channel. The remaining 70% is consumed at home, mostly obtained in establishments in the retail industry (46%) such as supermarkets and hypermarkets. In turn, 18% of the population goes to the mill to buy directly there.

    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: 3.5/10 (509 votes cast)
    VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
    Rating: +19 (from 157 votes)
    Price, quality, design and capacity of the container are the main decision-making factors of purchase in which the Italian consumer is based when deciding which olive oil to buy in supermarkets, as highlights the study “The olive oil market in Italy” published by... 
    Read More →