- Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and even if you don’t have a significant other, take the time to celebrate the most important person in your life – you! Below are two recipes to get you started on a delicious gourmet meal with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enjoy! Strawberry...
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and even if you don’t have a significant other, take the time to celebrate the most important person in your life – you! Below are two recipes to get you started on a delicious gourmet meal with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Enjoy!
Strawberry Avocado Salad
Makes two servings
• 2 Tbsp. white sugar
• 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 4 tsp. honey
• 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
• 1 tsp. lemon juice
• 2 c. torn mixed greens
• 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
• 10 strawberries, sliced
• ½ c. pecan halves
In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, honey, vinegar and lemon juice. Set aside.
Place the mixed greens in a pretty bowl and top with sliced avocado and strawberries. Drizzle dressing over everything, then sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for up to two hours before serving or serve immediately.
Makes two servings
• 2 small chicken breasts
• 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil, as needed
• ¼ c. white flour
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
• ¼ lemon, sliced thin
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp. capers, rinsed and drained
• 1 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley
• 1 Tbsp. and 1/1/2 tsp. butter
• salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place a serving platter in the oven to warm. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour. Shake off excess flour. Heat the olive oil in a skillet and pan-fry the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about four minutes per side. Place the chicken breasts on the warmed platter in the oven. When finished with the chicken, drain most of the oil from the skillet, leaving a thin coating on the surface of the pan.
Cook and stir the minced garlic in the skillet until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth. Scrape and dissolve any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in the lemon slices and bring the mixture to a boil. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reduces to about 2/3 cup, five to eight minutes. Add the lemon juice and capers; simmer until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about five minutes more. Drop the butter into the skillet and swirl it into the sauce by tilting the skillet until the butter is melted and incorporated. Add the parsley; remove from heat and set aside.
Arrange the chicken breasts on serving plates and spoon sauce over each portion to serve.
Recipe sourceVN:F [1.9.22_1171]VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Read More →