- Ingredients – 1k beef (topside or brisket) cut in portions – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – 2 red onions, finely chopped1 clove of garlic – 1 tablespoon tomato purée – 1 can (400g) tomatoes, finely chopped – ½ teacup of dry white...
– 1k beef (topside or brisket) cut in portions
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– 2 red onions, finely chopped1 clove of garlic
– 1 tablespoon tomato purée
– 1 can (400g) tomatoes, finely chopped
– ½ teacup of dry white wine
– 1 bay leaf
– 2-3 allspice berries
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 2-3 sprigs of parsley
– freshly ground pepper
– 5-6 medium sized plum aubergines, roasted
– 500ml fresh milk
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons flour
– ½ small onion
– 1 clovea pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
How to Cook
Warm the olive oil in a casserole-type pan and brown the meat on all sides for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and the finely chopped onion and stir fry them until they become translucent. Then smear the tomato purée on the bottom of the casserole. Pour in the wine and wait for the alcohol to evaporate, then, add the parsley, allspice, bay leaf and finely chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle with the sugar, drizzle with very little water and season to taste. Add as little water as possible, during cooking, to help condense the flavours, so as to end up with a much tastier food. Put the lid on and simmer over a low heat until the meat melts in the mouth and the sauce thickens, that is for approximately 1h and 30 minutes.
For the aubergines purée: Pin the clove in the halved onion and place it in a casserole along with the milk. Warm it up.Melt the butter gently in a saucepan and sprinkle with the flour. Stir with a whisker for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, discard the onion, then, add the milk, a little at a time, constantly stirring. Put back on heat and simmer gently until the sauce thickens. When ready remove from heat and add the salt and the nutmeg. In the meantime peel the roasted aubergines and mash their flesh in the food processor. Add them in and combine everything well. To serve, place the purée on a plate, top it with the meat and pour the rich sauce over.
source: argiroVN:F [1.9.22_1171]VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Read More →